Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DAY 6 POST OP

Things are still going good, I took a small backward step as I keep getting a sharp pain in my right side when I attempt to open my moutt but I'll have to bring it up with the surgeon at my appointment tomorrow. but the swelling has continued to go down and the bruising continues to come up, it is very sensitive to touch and I'll sometimes forget that and cause myself a bit of pain. I had a bit of trouble sleeping at night and that's really just because I'm used to sleeping on my stomach and now I'm forced to sleep on my back, I ended up sleeping on my side but it causes aching in the morning and doesn't help the swelling. Another thing that has become a bother is drooling, at the beginning I had a very dry mouth, but now I'm more normal I find myself either drooling or stoping myself from drooling all the time! it's so annoying and gross. But all up it's going good, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and if drooling is my biggest problem right now I'm fine by that :)

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're doing alright Sarah! I'm surprised that you're even sleeping on your back or side at all. I thought people would have to sleep sitting up after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! well Im sleeping on 4 pillows right now, so it's sort of propedup but still semi lying down.

    ReplyDelete