Sunday, December 18, 2011

DAY 3 POST OP

The hunger has been setting in, and to make up harder my family had a barbecue while I enjoyed soup, alll I want is something solid, I have seriously dreamt about eating something solid. The obsticle that I have been facing lately is taking my medication, my antibiotics and anti-inflammatory are in capsule form, I can just manage to get the capsules through the gap between my wide teeth, but as that gap is closing the capsules are getting more difficult to get through, and they keep getting stuck between the elastics resulting in me freaking out and my jaw gets alot of pain. This led to a small breakdown in the night where I just felt like it was getting too hard, and I just wanted to give up, although that's not really an option, so I ended up going to bed and although I woke a few times having another sook because I was soo exhausted, I eventually got the sleep I needed. I have had a weird sensation in my right side whenever I swallow, it feels like a worm wriggling, it's the weirdest sensation, so my dad called up the surgeon, I felt kind of bad for bothering him on the weekend, but he got back to me and said that the feeling was because of the swelling occuring between the muscle and jaw bone, so when I swollow I'm feeling the movement of fluid, he said that this is very normal. I also weighed myself today and I've lost 3kg (6 pounds) already, although im not too worried as I tend to loose weight quickly but put it back on just as quickly. The last few days have been pretty hard, and although my teeth alignment looks amazing I have been wondering whether its worth it, but apparrntly that's normal, so I'll just have to give myself a little longer to deal with and adjust to my new face.

No comments:

Post a Comment