Sunday, January 1, 2012

DAY 18 POST OP

Sooo, I wasn't going to post until 3 weeks but today I was finally able to open my mouth wide enough to brush the backs of my teeth properly, and although I could only really do it in 15 second intervals until i had to give my jaw a quick rest, it was amazing. I know it seems a little weird that this is what i get excited about but other things like a soft diet were a bit of a let down because it was so much harder than i thought it would be. And not being able to brush the backs of my teeth was killing me because i am really anal about cleaning my teeth, so these past 18 days has been reallllyyy annoying haha.And brushing my teeth after 2 and a half weeks makes my teeth feel like they are the cleanest they have ever been. I'll give a proper update on Wednesday, but i thought i would let everyone know about my achievement :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - it's funny the little things that can excite jaw surgery recovery folks eh? I share your excitement for being able to brush your back molars. Just last night was the first time I could do this and I was ecstatic! You are looking great by the way. The swelling is coming down quite nicely!!

    ReplyDelete