Friday, November 25, 2011

FIRST PRE-OP APPOINTMENT

and it was a tad anticlimactic, although i don't know what i was expecting from a surgeons appointment, i guess i was just a little excited to get the ball rolling and head toward my surgery.
The day started off very stressful, as we got stuck in traffic for an hour, luckily we left a little early. but i had the appointment and my surgeon took us into his office and asked if we had any questions and went through everything that was going on, once that was done he did molds which as a majority of you would know is quite horrible. It was really embarrassing for 2 reasons,
 1. when he was doing the molds on my upper teeth i was so focused on breathing through my nose so i dont gag that i didn't realise that i was sort of biting his fingers a little, he didn't say anything so he is either used to it or hopefully it wasn't hard haha
2. after i had the molds done i had to walk though the main office to the bathroom, and it was not untill i got the the bathroom that i realized that my face was absolutely covered in bright yellow mold bits, which i had thought i had gotten rid of.
but other then that not alot happen, he had a look at my teeth and my bite and he said that my lower jaw was also off to the left, which he would also correct during surgery, but he didnt seem worried about it, so im sure its not too much of a problem. i have my next appointment in 2 weeks where he will show me my molds and go through what will happen, and what my bite will look like, and also look at the x-rays which i have to go get done. I am a little worried about finding out about some kind of complication durng this appointment, im not sure why, or what kind of problem, but my teeth have made a habit of not bieng easier.
I'll update in 2 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment