Thursday, November 10, 2011

AND THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

So there is just over a month to go until the big day, and it is just dooming on me how soon it is. 5 months ago I found out my surgery date, and posted being so excited. So in one month and 4 days, my surgery will have just finished and i will be in recovery, the day that i have been waiting for will be at an end, and now is the time that my posts will come more often. Although i don't have as many appointments as I though i would, my first appointment is on the 25th of November with my surgeon, which i have to get up at 6:30 to go to, then I have 2 other appointments on the 7th and 8th of December.
I have also found out what time I have to be at the hospital, 2pm! and i realise that it may not seem bad, some people have to be there at 5:30 in the morning, but i would must prefer that. How am i going to go without food for that long, since i have to be there at 2 i'd assume that the actual surgery wouldn't start for at least 1 or 2 hours after this, the most i can have is 2 slices toast before 7:30am, that's 8 hours without food! and right now you are probably thinking 'how the hell are you going to go with eating after surgery,'  and trust me this is a big concern for me haha But i guess i'll find some way to survive ;)
Anyway ill keep everyone updated, Exams finish next week so i can start actually preparing :D

2 comments:

  1. You're so close! I've already started my countdown, but I'm still 7 months away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Trust me it goes soo quick, one minute your thinking there is so long to go and then the next thing you are going to pre-op appointments. when i realised that the last time that i posted was back in July I was shocked, it feels like a couple of weeks ago.
    Gook luck :)

    ReplyDelete